|Novaliches and General Luis Malinis street marker|
General Luis Malinis was a close aide and confidant of General Emilio Aguinaldo who was killed during the Battle of Novaliches around November 17 and 18, 1896. Although historical books would note that he is a native of Cavite rather than Novaliches. In memory of his heroic actions,The road was named after the courageous fighter.
|Tullahan/ Tulyahan/ Tuliahan river|
Another vital part is the interconnection of Mindanao Avenue extension, connecting Quezon City and Northern Caloocan.
|Silver Link School of Caloocan|
|Silver Link School along General Luis Malinis street, Barangay Caybiga, North Caloocan|
Address : 378 General Luis Malinis street, Caloocan, 1420 Metro Manila
Contact : (02) 419-0510
Development and Widening
Some parts of the street is narrow with two lanes,while some parts have four lanes. Travel time from Novaliches to Malinta in the 1960's and 1970's would be between 10 minutes to 15 minutes.
|goats are still seen roaming in idle subdivision lots|
Now, travel time can be between 1 hour to 1 1/2 hours long. With the opening of Katipunan Avenue, SB diversion road, interconnecting several private subdivisions, traffic have somewhat eases in some parts.
|soon to rise a mall along General Luis Malinis corner Katipunan Avenue extension, Barangay Nagkaisang Nayon, Novaliches, Quezon City|
|Torres Village arch and Silver Link School|
|Mindanao Avenue extension corner General Luis Malinis street|
|Sacred Heart Parish along General Luis street, Barangay Caybiga, North Caloocan|
Sacred Heart Parish is one of the more important churches located in #350 General Luis Malinis street. This is within the jurisdiction of the diocese of Novaliches.
The parish was established on October 1, 1995. According to historical records and old parishioners, the origin of the parish may be said to date back to the Spanish times when it was a mere platformed altar on a 7×7 square meter “Visita” with thatch roof made from light materials. The place was used for all church-related activities in the place.
It was in mid-1997 when a larger and present day church was built on a spot that were bought through a loan from the Archdiocese of Manila. The house became the parish office and rectory.
Contact : 937-7773
Post a Comment